Hello! This is probably really boring for anyone else to read, but I used this week’s topic as an excuse to tally up all the phone and computerised communications I sent and received over a week. The results are a bit frightening.
Facebook & Twitter
- I posted 11 photos/statuses/links
- I made 39 comments on other people’s content, and ‘liked’ 77 pieces of others’ content
- I sent 7 messages and received 10
- Added 2 new friends (Hello Mischa!)
- Therefore: initiated 136 pieces of communication
- Received 184 comments/messages/likes on my content
- Sent 1 tweet!
- 322 total pieces of direct communication (not counting all the posts of others’ that I read but didn’t comment on or ‘like’
Email (not counting notifications, newsletters or anything sent by a robot)
- 71 emails sent (40 of them work emails)
- 97 emails received (50 work emails)
Phone (both mobile and home phone)
- I made 17 phone calls
- Received 17 calls
- I sent 24 text messages and received 23
Total = 571 pieces of phone/electronic/social media communication. Average of 82 communications a day.
On a side note, yesterday Leo and were waving hello at the guy driving the council street-cleaning truck and he insisted we go over and take his banana from him. That’s good incentive for saying hello, huh.